Sunday, February 12, 2006

re THE THREE JOHNS

Dear Tralfaz Lovely to see your feature on The Three Johns. I've never seen Democracy at all. I do have vinyl Death of Everything and a recording of Atom Drum Bop; both of which I love. Listening now! I was taught by singer John Hyatt at Manchester Metropolitan University in 1990s. I love his art, too; seen a few exhibitions, and have some catalogues. You may know he was taught at Leeds University by Terry Atkinson. A brilliant artist; to whom Hyatt owes a lot. That said, I reckon the postpunk Hyatt attitude fed into Atkinson's brand of satire, similarly so. The Three Johns are a neglected area of postpunk, I think. The Mekons were interesting, of course; but there's little said - in Savage's 'England's Dreaming', there's nothing - about the earlier band which John Langrish was in. Great to come upon your page then. Cheers, Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home