Saturday, February 11, 2006

variousing

Cheers Dave I won't keep you with my usual lengthy replies... As soon as I get some recorded material, I will get it to you and to Bill. Bill's been kind enough to send several EMP things; plus a raft of Bjork DVDs. Matmos - the US duo who worked with her recently - are a current interest of mine. So that was great. The languid nature of the Bill:Dean:Aidie EMP stuff helps it attain a certain identity. I think, though, when more sporadic things come in - as when you or Dave P has joined the thing, it needs more work. This, of course, is obvious and reasonable - given the greater degree of complexity involved. With application, though, it could be really interesting. If I was still involved, this is what I would do! ... I would treat the wider EMP community as two houses: 1. The Languids, 2. The Sporadics. Dean and Aidie in the former; you and Noel in the latter; with Bill lying across each. In performance, I would allocate timeslots for each house, and structure the improv around that. An hour-long set of four movements - languid, sporadic, languid, sporadic - would both add colour and dynamics and ratify the 'social' problem of getting your shit together and gigging. That's my offering anyway! Re offer of vid/dvd software - much appreciated, mate. What I would do is remove Nero 7; just duplicating the progs and plug-ins you have; surely then I will attain the same results, once I've learned howto use it all! Nero 7 is 'buggy' here; good to know it's a software issue, rather than a me issue! Soon as you can manage. Take it easy meanwhile. Kurt disco - not surprising. Was it High Energy?! Best wishes, Anthony----- Original Message ----- From: David To: Anthony Donovan Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:08 AM Subject: video Hi Anthony good to hear from you too. Upcoming events sound great mate, will check out details and also book recommendation, sounds interesting. Excellent to hear you will be filming as part of event and that there will be visual element; strong one by the sound of it too. I've heard nero 7 a bit 'buggy' but don't know for sure,got version 6 myself mate. I use power producer to capture video, came with the desktop pc. Previous to that used 'pinnacle' on the laptop. I have a couple of programs also that i will send to you if you'd like to try them. It may be an issue with nero that's stifling you there, are you capturing them as mpeg2? That's the format for DVD. Plus i'm fairly sure i needed to get a 'plugin' for nero to handle mpeg2 properly re writing dvd material,but that may be different with version7, it may be standard with that. I will send you the other progs i have anyhow, they are dedicated capture/editing suites so may be better. There will be no viruses in your captured film, though it is not a bad idea to scan them anyway in my opinion,doesn't take long and puts the mind at ease. We have recorded both jam sessions, but both are in process of 'bill-isation remix'. I think some of the material is very good, but of course i would lol. I will send you some soon mate, see what you think. Of course it's fairly rough especially with this scenario being so new to noel but the session with dave parky yielded some excellent sections, and also the 1st session had some gems, listening to one now, though it needs cropping,has taken a while to build and get going. I would be very happy to hear the material you are currently producing, am curious what you're getting up to there :) If you can, give the dj prog of bills a good going over,you can really get some interesting things going with that, quite amazing really with it being a budget program. Had a surprise from kurt at work, he was the one actually gave me the dj program, he also gave me some mixes he'd done and they are really good. Obviously they are pure dance material. Very professional sounding. Before i go, if you want a copy of nero6 reloaded i can send you one and also the plugins for the mp3pro and dvd mpeg2 functions; the plugins may also work with 7 but i can't say definitely. Must get off for now mate but be in touch soon. I will be a few days prob before i get those progs sent to you but i most definitely will :) Be well mate, best wishes - Davey No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.6/257 - Release Date: 10/02/2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home