Sunday, March 26, 2006

variousing

Ditto, mate. The film footage I did has come out really well. Am pretty pleased myself with performance and general atmosphere - especially so given our first time, and with no audience to 'up the ante'. I like what you did, Roger; good set-up; nice moving between sitdown drum set and floor devices. Lee's own floor bent stuff similarly worked well. His guitarsynth added beauty and size and texture, but didn't fill up the space with a grey thickness, as can be the case. I am personally pleased with what I did. I played a nice pensive little 'solo'-ish thing that worked well, and lifted nicely and naturally out of some fine atonal gloom. As a trio, it was just right, I think. Texturally and thematically it was as if composed or at least well-discussed. It looked and sounded as if we were actually listening to one another. All in all - a good start. Nice humorous exchanges with Rod this afternoon. I like him. Plexus a friendly bunch; good contacts - in the same improv ship adrift on the harsh mainstream sea! A next step, then... Meet sometime next week for a plan of action? I'll provide the whiteboard, teas and coffees... Take it easy, mate Anthony