Friday, April 28, 2006

variousing

Cheers Dave. Good to hear from you. My mate, Gym Nasium, is a nice addition to the general bourgeois life I lead, yeh! I haven't got around to using any of the torture equipment just yet, as I'm too unfit to do anything on them but give myself a charlie horse. So, it's been swimming, the spa, steam room, sauna, lots of showers. In a few months, I'll feel good, I know it - as you say, it takes a while to reap the rewards. No different from building mental muscle. Nina Hagen is a genuine site, from the looks of things. There'll be others. Wolf Eyes are on there. There's heaps of US garage trash, mate. ************************************** You sent the Dr. Who stuff before. Thanks. Did chuckle. Look forward to the material you are sending. Hope some of yours, Bill's, and Noel's stuff in there. Fred Frith I do like. I'd be glad to get copies of anything like that. He does have a Gnarly toughness at times, then he can be bluesy, ambient. It always sounds on the edge of not quite making it, though. That's a favourite concept of mine in toto, as you'll know. Similarly, Laurie Anderson I like. So, please do copy me stuff of interest. Much appreciated. In return, I'll send you DVD of film I'm making. It'll be 45 minutes, complete with soundartwork soundtrack. I have about 32 minutes thus far. It's probably going to be called GEDDY LEE HELIUM VOICE. But, I was email chatting with Roj last night and got into reminding myself about Sinking the Belgrano: Our Lives as Machine Parts. The footage I have really fits that idea - of course, I do just turn over the same obsessions, anyway! The plan with the film is to use it when we play live. * has a DVD projector, so that's possible. I've got my head around the film-making stuff now and have decent, easy-to-use software, too; so I am putting efforts into this area. In retrospect, I did the groundwork with all those jpegs on the blog. Now it's time to get those moving; make those horror films! Take it easy mate. Best wishes, Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home